Frank Aneke, Principal of OctoberFirst Consulting and Director of the Africa-Australia Conference series, is known for his experience, credibility and passion for identifying, building and facilitating business and investment relationships between Asia-Pacific nations and emerging countries in Africa.
Frank’s career spans over 14 years in marketing communications and Journalism. He is experienced in advertising, public relations, broadcasting and business development.
He has recorded accomplishments as an entrepreneur having set up and successfully managed a number of firms including Anekx Productions, Lagos, Nigeria, Fieldwork Resources Pty Ltd, owners of Fieldwork Limousines, Sydney. Most recently in 2007, Frank founded OctoberFirst Consulting, Sydney.
As an intern, Frank has worked with Howorth Communication, Sydney, a subsidiary of Ogilvy Worldwide and has played the role of Director of Communications at Every Nation Church, Sydney, Australia.
Frank’s marketing communication experience began in Nigeria in 1995 when he moved to Lagos from Enugu to set up his own advertising and independent television production business called Anekx Productions. The firm rapidly grew from a start-up company to a respected and credible provider of contents to NTA 2 Channel 5 and NTA Channel 10 both in Lagos. The company also provided integrated marketing communications solutions to a number of leading brands in Nigeria.
Frank left Nigeria in 2000 and moved to Australia where he has held a number of roles in large and small organizations. He also improved himself academically through Post-Graduate studies at University of Technology, Sydney. In 2009, Frank’s entry came second in the global search for Nigeria Re-branding Slogan Competition. He is now fully immersed in the movement of business, investment, trade and capacity-building trainings between Australia and Africa. He has built partnerships between OctoberFirst Consulting and leading Chambers of Commerce and Trade Associations in Africa, Australia and across Asia-Pacific region.
As the Principal of OctoberFirst Consulting, Frank Aneke is intimately involved in Australia’s attempts to engage with investment opportunities in Africa.
Frank’s role includes but is not limited to:
- Organising investment and business forums for African countries in Australia and other Asia-Pacific nations
- Conducting presentations, seminars and workshops on how and where to do business in Africa in offices and chambers of commerce across Australia and Asia-Pacific region
- Planning trade missions to Africa for individuals, groups and businesses targeted on exploring opportunities in the continent
- Coordinating Australian experts for capacity-building trainings across different professional fields in Africa
- Hosting business leaders from African countries on visits to Australia for educational, relationship building and business development purposes
- Developing joint ventures and business alliances, building networks and relationships, and facilitating introductions and contacts for individuals and businesses
- Writing online and newspaper feature articles bothering on investment opportunities and issues affecting business in Africa.
Frank’s published articles include:
Telecoms Opportunities: Africa Infrastructure Series (Part 1)
How to Export to Africa
Africa: The New Frontier
Sectarian Violence in Emerging Economies
Doing Business with Nigeria
Southern Comfort: Doing Business in South Africa
Talking Telecommunications in Nigeria
Positioning Nigeria for Investment
Doing Agribusiness in Nigeria
Frank has specialist knowledge and practical experience of building connections and doing business between Africa and Asia-Pacific region.
Membership of Business Bodies:
Associate Member, Public Relations Institute of Australia (APRIA).
Member, Nigeria-Australia Council, Australia.
Member, New South Wales Business Chamber, Australia.